Monday, September 12, 2022

Alone in the universe

 I don't belong anywhere.

Not this place that I have to call home, not that place that I left so long ago.

Where do people call home, those who have fallen in between the cracks of geographical fault lines?

I guess you could say that people make or break the place, but what about those who really dont fit in either way? Even in Society.

After 15 years, I still struggle with identity crisis. Not that society defines me, but it's the need for acceptance that we all want, don't we? If we don't have "our people" whatever that looks like.

Where do these kindred spirits come from, now with the age of social networking alienation?

With everything that is forcing us into other people's faces, it's most natural for people to find ways to still maintain their private space, which has acquired a frankenstein-ish method of apathy and indifference to natural affection. Something that existed way before social networking took over all our lives.

But, in spite of all this, we all still want to be needed. And the need grows stronger every year, with abating hope for it ever happening. Because we live in an ageist society now, on top of everything else.

"Old" is happening younger and younger.

Where do genuine kindred spirits come from? And where can I find just...one?

1 comment:

  1. Hi, this is Sue from Sunny Days. I was wondering if you're the blogger that used to be Grafx?

    ReplyDelete