Tuesday, March 8, 2016

A cup of love

I was going through my humdrum day, when the phone suddenly jangled its insistent command. A new friend was wanting to drop by and I suddenly panicked.

It wasnt because I didnt want the company, but that my home suddenly looked ten times messier. I also didnt know WHAT to offer her to eat. My parents always had a little stash of snacks and goodies to offer sudden guests when I was growing up and i realized now what a good idea that was.

As i ransacked my mind trying to think of what i could make, at such short notice when i suddenly remembered my Mother had made 6 Christmas fruit cakes before she left here a couple months ago! Imagine my relief!

As i pulled out one of the frozen cakes from the freezer my throat suddenly choked up as I remembered how lovingly she had made that cake. Being so far away from my parents reminded me of all the little, loving things she would do that would go unnoticed day after day.

Living continents apart, has certainly taken its toll on me. I wonder if it was worth it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment